Psychological health and safety (PHS) is embedded in the way people interact with one another on a daily basis, it is part of the way working conditions and management practices are structured.
Bearing this in mind, mental health is a significant challenge across workplaces. The Canadian Mental Health Commission has reported that, in any given year, one in five people in Canada will experience a mental health problem or illness, with a cost to the economy well in excess of 50 billion dollars.
A Psychological Health and Safety Management System can help an organization identify hazards that can contribute to psychological harm to the worker. It is a preventive approach that assesses your workplaces practices and identifies those areas of concern
Jennifer Clark is a Psychological Health & Safety Advisor certified by the Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA) and a Canadian certified Risk Manager (CRM) by the Sprott School of Business. As a consultant, Jennifer Clark can help you and your organization improve psychological health and safety in workplaces with engaging workshops, empowering lectures, group training or assisting you to implement Canada’s National Standard of Canada for Psychological Health and Safety in the Workplace.
Jennifer Clark & Associates can help you:
- Assess readiness for change.
- Prepare employers to proceed with a psychological health and safety assessment.
- Apply tools to assess and analyze psychological health and safety.
- Offer recommendations on how to best implement the Standard.
As an engaged advocate of improving mental health in the workplace, Jennifer Clark offers lunch & learns, workshops, lectures and day long experiences to groups that are interested in reducing stress, increasing resiliency, improve life coping skills, developing mindfulness, finding meaning and purpose at work and exploring spirituality as a source of inner peace.
Topics include but not limited to:
- Wellness In The Workplace
- Navigating Change With Passion & Purpose
- Creating A Respectful Workplace
- Finding Meaning & Purpose In Life – What Is Your Why?
- Working Inside Out – Mindfulness In The Workplace
- Work-Life Balance: Staying Balanced & Reducing Stress
- Dealing With Difficult People Even If The Difficult Person Is You!
- Practical Intuition For The Workplace: How To Use Spirituality At Work
- Work, Life, Purpose: It’s An Inside Job
- Service Versus Sales
- Emotional Intelligence: How Smart Are You?
- Harnessing The Power Of Emotions
- Personal Leadership: Do You Act or React?
- Leading Without Title
- Breaking Down Barriers To Success
- Tools For Success: Building Your Resilience & Life Coping Skills
NOTE: Jennifer Clark is NOT a licensed Therapist, Counsellor or Medical Professional. She cannot treat, diagnose or cure dis-ease or mental health issues.
Please contact Jennifer directly to book your organizational assessment.
Former Clients Have Been:
Ottawa Catholic School Board
Canadian Revenue Agency
Canadian Department of Defense
Ontario Provincial Police – Orleans detachment